Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Wild Belle @ the Metro 1/15/16



This past Friday I saw one of my favorite bands, Wild Belle, at the Metro as part of the Tomorrow Never Knows festival. I had previously seen them at this same venue 3 years ago  and was so excited when I found out they were coming back! (The link to my post from that show is: http://musicjunkie616.blogspot.com/2013/11/wild-belle-metro-102613.html) Their sophomore album, Dreamland, is set to be released in April so I have been looking forward to hearing some of their new material. I don't have a set list for this show, but they played all of their debut album Isles, as well as a few new tunes off of Dreamland. They ended up coming on at 11 and the excitement of the crowd was at its peak, which added to the anticipation.

The band is from Barrington, so it was cool to see their family/friends also enjoying the show. I ended up being pretty close to the stage, almost in the same spot as 2013, so I managed to get some good videos. The band always has the best clothes, I want to raid Natalie's closet! Elliot also has awesome clothes, he was wearing a really cool jacket. The thing I love about seeing this band live is that there really are no special effects at all, which is how more shows should be. There aren't many Chicago bands that incorporate the sax in their music, so that is also one of the things that makes Wild Belle so unique, in my opinion. (How could anyone NOT be impressed by Elliot's playing?? He is phenomenal.) The addition of 2 backup singers was a great idea, they added so much to the band's dynamic and they brought some groovy dance moves!

I could tell that there were a lot of new fans in the audience because some of them didn't even know about Wild Belle, but I'm sure they definitely became fans after Friday night's show. I also noticed that compared to their show in 2013, there were a lot more people and a lot less room to move around. In the time since their first album came out, they have been gaining press in commercials, movies and publications so maybe that is why more people came out to see them. Regardless, I am glad that more people are discovering them because they truly are a unique and incredible group. I will never get tired of seeing them and that's something I can't say for most bands I've seen. To find out more information about Wild Belle, check out http://www.wildbelle.com/music and be on the lookout for their upcoming album, Dreamland, in April!



















No comments:

Post a Comment