Sunday, October 16, 2016

Wild Belle at the Metro 8/26/16




Back in August I saw my favorite band, Wild Belle, for the 3rd time and it was hands down their BEST performance I've seen so far. I'm not sure what was so different about it but everyone sounded so incredible together and it just felt magical to me. All 3 times that I've seen them have been at the Metro and each time you could see the band improving. I loved every song off their debut album Isles and their newest album Dreamland is not different. You can tell that the band has matured from their first album and I think that they are both incredible! The variety of songs they played at this show spanned both of their records and I thought it was a great mix of songs. My favorite song off of Dreamland is "The One that Got Away." This song honestly floored me the first time I heard it and Natalie's voice is so flawless on it! I think everyone in the audience got chills when she started to sing it- I definitely did! Other standouts include the popular "Throw Down Your Guns" and "Giving Up on You". One of the opening bands for this show was actually Natalie and Elliot's sister's band called "Big Sadie". They are very bluegrass and definitely could fit in at a Nashville honky tonk. It's really cool that genre of music is still around and the audience was really digging it. 

 I like when I can go to a show and not expect to hear the same songs over and over, which is something that this band has successfully been able to accomplish. If you haven't heard any of their music before, I would suggest you listen to the entire Isles album, specifically the song "Keep You". This was by far my favorite show of Wild Belle's that I've seen and I can't wait to see what they'll put out next. Definitely recommend checking them out on their next tour! For more information on Wild Belle, head to www.wildbelle.com/dreamland. You can also check out my previous posts at the following links: 

 http://musicjunkie616.blogspot.com/2016/01/wild-belle-metro-111516.html
http://musicjunkie616.blogspot.com/2013/11/wild-belle-metro-102613.html 

-Ava 




















No comments:

Post a Comment