Sunday, August 9, 2015

Back from a brief hiatus...

Hello!

I have been away from this blog for quite a few months due to lack of concert activity BUT I am in the process of posting my reviews on some recently released songs. I also saw that 21 people from Russia viewed my blog the other day so I must still be relevant at least in some part of the world! A lot has happened in my life the past few months that is not related to music. I started my first real post-college job a few weeks ago and it's going really well! *insert thumbs up here* In music-related news, I did not attend Lolla this year but am considering ending my 4 year hiatus and attending next year//purchasing a VIP ticket. I have awhile to think about it, but have researched it a bit and it really has some amazing perks including catered meals and drinks, air conditioned bathrooms (basically worth it right there if you ask me), special designated areas to view the stages and mini-spa treatments. It is pretty pricey (this year cost about $1,800 for one person) but given that it includes all of the things I mentioned above for the entire weekend and a 3-day pass, the price makes sense. We'll see if I still feel this way in a few months! In terms of concerts, I'm super bummed that Ed Sheeran is coming in the middle of the week and in Tinley Park of all places next month. I remember seeing him featured on VH1's You Oughta Know about 4 years ago when nobody knew who he was yet in the States. Then, I researched his past concerts and of course he played at the Riv in 2012 which would've been AMAZING to see. He truly is a very talented songwriter, it blows my mind that it's literally just him and a guitar on stage. Anyways, if anyone has been/are going to to any shows or have any new music they recommend, feel free to drop me a comment in the handy comment box below this post. I need new material to blog about so any and all suggestions will be listened to. :) I hope you all are having a fabulous summer and stay tuned for a new post in the coming days!

-Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment